I’m Michael and I’m Head of growth/marketing at Expert360. It’s my second stint leading marketing at a high growth start up. My first, ZYB, was a mobile/social start up acquired by Vodafone. Prior to this, I managed digital for Telstra’s global business.
I’m disturbingly in love with digital marketing (actually, digital in general). From both London and Sydney, I’ve done a bunch of freelancing, experienced agency life, and invested my own money selling online everything from NLP courses and designer bathrooms to ringtones back when the cool kids were talking about WAP.
In this blog, I’ll be writing (my) definitive guide to digital marketing for high growth marketplace / B2B / SaaS start ups.
This blog will make most sense for you if:
- You’re working at a start up, whether it’s yours, or you “just” look after marketing and growth. Your start up most likely has some funding, but you still need to be scrappy.
- You don’t have a huge budget, but you do have some money to experiment with.
- You’re on your own, or are part of a small team.
- You don’t work with fancy agencies, you try to do as much yourself as possible.
- You learn independently.
- You’re responsible. It’s on you to make it happen, no excuses.
I’ll post one new piece per month, and update older content constantly. Each piece will focus on one aspect of marketing, and will be kept up to date.